Yale University, PhD, 2008
Yonsei University, MBA, 1999
Yonsei University, BBA, 1997
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Professor of Accounting, School of Business, Yonsei University, 2018.9- Present
Associate Professor of Accounting, School of Business, Yonsei University, 2013.9-2018.8
Assistant Professor of Accounting, School of Business, Yonsei University, 2010.9-2013.8
Assistant Professor of Accounting, CUNY-Baruch College, 2008.9-2010.8
Analyst, Korea Investors Service, 2000-2001
CPA, Arthur Andersen, Seoul Office (Anjin & Co.), 1997-2000
Supply Chain Contracting
Friction in Related Party Trade when a Rival is also a Customer (with Anil Arya and Brian Mittendorf), Management Science 54 (2008), 1850-1860.
When to Fire Customers? Customer Cost Based Pricing (with Jiwoong Shin and K. Sudhir), Management Science 58 (2012), 932-947.
Manufacturer Marketing Initiatives and Retailer Information Sharing (with Brian Mittendorf and Jiwoong Shin), Quantitative Marketing and Economics 11 (2013), 263-287.
Revisiting the Make-or-Buy Decision: Conveying Information by Outsourcing to Rivals (with Anil Arya and Brian Mittendorf), The Accounting Review 89 (2014), 61-78.
Supplier Encroachment and Investment Spillovers, Production and Operations Management 25 (2016), 1839-1854.
Strategic Delegation, Stock Options, and Investment Hold-Up Problems, Accounting, Organizations, and Society 71(2018), 1-14.
Public Disclosures in the Presence of Suppliers and Competitors (with Anil Arya and Brian Mittendorf), Contemporary Accounting Research, Forthcoming.
-Promotion-Based Incentives and Target Ratcheting (with Min Jeong Kim and Yong Gyu Lee)
-Using Buyout Options to Screen Employees for Fit
-Ratcheting of Profitability Expectations and its Consequence for Supply Chains (with Brian Mittendorf and Jiwoong Shin)
-Risk Sharing Benefits of Mandatory Auditor Rotation
-Relative Performance Evaluation and Corporate Discretionary Disclosure
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
* Editorial Board Member: Journal of Management Accounting Research (January 2016- )
* Management Accounting Section Notable Contributions to Management Accounting Literature Award Committee, 2015-2016
* Referee for: The Accounting Review, Accounting, Organizations, and Society, Journal of Management Accounting Research, Production and Operations Management, Economica, Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, AAA Annual Meeting (Management Accounting Section, Auditing Section), AAA Management Accounting Section Meeting
* Teaching Excellence Award (MBA), Yonsei Business School, 2018
* Teaching Excellence Award (Undergraduate), Yonsei University, 2017, 2018
* Teaching Excellence Award (Undergraduate), Yonsei Business School, 2017
* Yonsei Research Award (Social Science), Yonsei University, 2015
* Yonsei Business School Research Award, Yonsei Business School, 2014
* Teaching Excellence Award (Graduate), Yonsei Business School, 2012
* Research award from the Milstein Center for Corporate Governance and Performance, 2007-2008
* AAA Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2006
* Whitebox Advisors Doctoral Research Grant: Experimental Research, 2004-2005