1999 Ph.D. University of Michigan
1991 M.S. Seoul National University, Computer Engineering
1989 B.S. Seoul National University, Computer Engineering
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Associate Professor, School of Business, Yonsei University, 2008-present Assistant Professor,
School of Business, Yonsei University, 2005-2008 Assistant Professor,
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 1999 - 2005
Electronic Commerce Auctions Multi-Agent Systems Artificial Intelligence Network pricing Online Communities
1. Kyeongkyu Yeo, Sunju Park, "A Study on the Impact of Electric Vehicle Penetration on Greenhouse Gas Emission and Power System" Yonsei Business Review Vol. 53, No. 1, pages 117-146, June, 2016
2. HyunKyo Oh, Yoohan Noh, SangWook Kim, and Sunju Park, "A Method of Seller Reputation Computation Based on Rating Separation in e-Marketplace" Journal of KIISE, Vol. 42, No. 10, pp. 1286-1293, October, 2015.
3. Hyun Kwak, Sunju Park, Seungwha Chung, Chung Yerim, "Research trends in social media: A meta-analysis of business-related literature," The Knowledge Management Society of Korea, Vol. 16, No. 2, pages 29-45. June, 2015.
4. SungPil Kim, SunJu Park, YeRim Chung, KiIl Choi, "A Study on the Cost Analysis of the South Korean Military’s Weapons System Total Life Cycle Management System through a Performance-based Logistics (PBL) Optimization Model - With Focus on the ROK Navy Ship Hongsanger," Journal of the Korean Association of Defense Industry Studies, Vol. 21, No. 4, pages 138-163, December, 2014.
5. Yerim Chung, Sunju Park, Seungwha Chung, "The Challenge of Managing Customer Networks under Change: Proving the Complexity of the Inverse Dominating Set Problem. Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, Vol. 39, No. 2, pages 131-140, June, 2014
6. KyungMin Park, HeeJin Mun, Sunju Park, Seungwha Chung, and Jeonghye Choi, "How does Dependence on Portals Help Online Retailers’ Growth?: The Moderating Effects of Firm Age and Niche Width Strategy," Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, Vol. 39, No. 2, pages 141-154, June, 2014.
7. Seungwha Chung, JiSun Lim, Sunju Park, Yerim Chung, KyungMin Park, and Jeonghye Choi, "Research Trends in Social Media: An Analysis of Social Science Studies from 2006 to 2013,". International Telecommunications Policy Review, Vol. 21, No. 2, pages 87-124, June, 2014.
8. SangChul Lee, SangWook Kim, Sunju Park, "A Recommendation Method Based on Analysis of Item Groups in Price-Comparison Services," KIISE Transactions on Computing Practices, Vol. 19, No. 11, pages 541-546. November, 2013.
9. Jeonghye Choi, Jungmin Son, KyungMin Park, Sunju Park, and Seungwha Chung, "The Distinct Effects of Producers’ Participation on Consumers’ Choice and Engagement on the User-Generated Contents Platform Site," Korea Business Review, Vol. 42, No. 2, pages 529-551, April, 2013.
10. Jiwoon Ha, SoonHyoung Kwon, SangWook Kim, Sunju Park, "A Method for the Top-N Recommendation via Belief Propagation" The Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers Database Society, Vol. 29, pages 119-130, April, 2013.
11. Sungpil Kim, Sunju Park, Yerim Chung, "A Simulation Analysis of R.O.K Navy’s Inventory Management Model for Repairable Parts," Journal of the Korea Society for Simulation, Vol. 22, No. 1, pages. 31-40, March, 2013
12. DongKyu Chae, Jiwoon Ha, SangWook Kim, BooJoong Kang, EulGyu Im, and Sunju Park, "Credible, resilient, and scalable detection of software plagiarism using authority histograms," Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol. 95, pages 114-124. March, 2016.
13. Hyun-Kyo Oh, SangWook Kim, Sunju Park, and Ming ZhouOh, "Can You Trust Online Ratings? A Mutual Reinforcement Model for Trustworthy Online Rating Systems," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, Vol. 45, No. 12, pages 1564-1576, December, 2015.
14. SeokHo Yoon, KiNam Kim, Jiwon Hong, SangWook Kim, and Sunju Park, "A community-based sampling method using DPL for online social networks," Information Sciences, Vol. 306, pages 53-69, June, 2015.
15. Jiwoon Ha, SangWook Kim, Christos Faloutsos, and Sunju Park, "An analysis on information diffusion through BlogCast in a blogosphere," Information Sciences, Vol. 290, pages 45-62, January 2015.
16. Keontaek Lee, HakJin Kim, Sunju Park, and Seungjae Han, "Satisfying the target network lifetime in wireless sensor networks," Computer Networks, Vol. 65, pages 41-55, June, 2014.
17. MinHee Jang, SangWook Kim, Christos Faloutsos, and Sunju Park, "Accurate Approximation of the Earth Mover’s Distance in Linear Time," Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Vol. 29, No. 1, pages 142-154, January, 2014
18. Shuguang Liu, Lei Lei, and Sunju Park. On the Multi-Product Packing-Delivery Problem With A Fixed Route. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 44(2). 2008.
19. Lei Lei, Shuguang Liu, Andrzej Ruszczynski, and Sunju Park. 2006. On the Integrated Production, Inventory, and Distribution Routing Problem. IIE Transactions, 38(11): 955-970.
20. Sunju Park and Michael H. Rothkopf. 2005. Auctions with Bidder-Determined Allowable Combinations. European Journal of Operational Research, 161(2): 399-415.
21. Sunju Park, Edmund H. Durfee, and William P. Birmingham. 2004. Use of Markov Chains to Design an Agent Bidding Strategy for Continuous Double Auctions. Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 22: 175-214.
22. Michael H. Rothkopf and Sunju Park. 2001. An Elementary Introduction to Auctions. Interfaces, 31(6): 83-97.
23. Kim, Hyun-Jin, Park, Sunju. 2007. Delay in Consumer’s Decision to Purchase Technologically Innovative Products: The Bluetooth EarSet Case. The Korean Small Business Review, 10(1): 101-126.
24. Seungjae Han, Sunju Park. 2007. Pre-Planned Tree Reconfiguration Mechanism for QoS Multicast Routing. Journal of Korea Information Science Society: Information Networking, 34(2): 120-133.
25. Ryu, Sungil, Park, Sunju. 2006. Economic Issue in Online Game Management: A Case of Qplay. The Korean Small Business Review, 9(3): 27-60.
26. Sunju Park. 2006. Analysis of the Price-Selection Problem in Priority-based Scheduling. Journal of Korea Information Science Society: Information Networking, 33(2): 267-276.
27. Sunju Park. 2006. Estimating User Utility Functions for Network-Resource Pricing. Journal of Korea Information Science Society: Information Networking, 33(1): 103-112.
28. Sunju Park. 2005. Balancing the Tradeoffs between Exploration and Exploitation. Journal of Korea Information Science Society: Software and, Applications, 32(11):
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
Global MBA Faculty Director, Yonsei University, 2007-2008
Editor, Computing and Letter, Korea Information Science Society, 2007-present.
Honorable mention for the Paul Nadler Teaching Excellence Award, Rutgers Business School, 2004
Chung Yerim, TaeJoon Park, Sunju Park, and SeungWha Chung, "Vehicle and Drone Routing Problem with Time Window in The Urban Area: Using The HOMEA Algorithm and Real Dataset," Business, Economics, and Social Science & Humanities 2016, Bangkok, Thailand, May 04 - 05, 2016.
SeungWha Chung, Sunju Park, NaSung Pyo, SeungYong Lee, "Social Strategy for Creating Shared Value," SSHSS'16, 2016 International Conferences, Bali (Indonesia), Feubrary 02-03, 2016
HyunKyo Oh, SangWook Kim, Sunju Park, and Ming Zhou, "Trustable Aggregation of Online Ratings," ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2013), San Francisco, CA, USA, October, 27-November 01, 2013
SooHoon Moon, Seungjae Han, and SunJu Park, "Energy-Efficient Flow Control and Routing for Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks," International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN 2013), IEEE, Bangkok, Thailand, January, 27-30, 2013.
SungPil Kim, SunJu Park, "Modeling Multi-echelon Inventories for Naval Repair Parts in the ROK Navy,", International Federation of Operations Research and Management Science Auunal Meeting (INFORMS 2012), INFORMS Phoenix Convention Center, Phoenix, Arizona, October 14-17, 2012.
Soojeong Choi, SunJu Park, DongJoo Kang, Seungjae Han, and HakMan Kim, "A Microgrid Energy Management System for Inducing Optimal Demand Response," IEEE SmartGridComm, IEEE, Brussels, Belgium, October 17-20, 2011.
DongJoo Kang, SunJu Park, "A Case Study on the Grid Impact of PHEVs to Distribution Power System," Hawaiian International Conference on Systems Sciences (HICSS-44), University of Hawaii, Kauai, HI, USA, January, 2011.
SunJu Park, and William P. Birmingham, "Meeting scheduling using negotiation," in conference on AI applications (CAIA-94) workshop on coordinated design and planning, San Antonio, Texas, USA, January 03, 1994.