- Do, Boram
- Division Management
Ph.D. Boston College
- Lab Business Hall Rm 624
- Contact 02-2123-2514
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in Management & Organization, Carroll School of Management, Boston College
M.S. in Organization Studies, Carroll School of Management, Boston College
B.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
2019 – present, Assistant Professor, School of Business, Yonsei University
2017 – 2019, Assistant Professor, Mike Ilitch School of Business, Wayne State University
2016 – 2017, Assistant Professor, Odette School of Business, University of Windsor
Affective experiences at work
Employee experiences of organizational change
Positive Organizational Scholarship
- Do, B.*, & Lyle, M.C.B. In Press. Memory-based change management: Using the past to guide the future. Organizational Psychology Review.
- Tekleab, A., Reagan, P., Do, B.*., Levi, A., & Lichtman C. 2021. Translating corporate social responsibility into action: A social learning perspective. Journal of Business Ethics. 171: 741–756.
- Do, B.*, Lyle, M.C.B, & Walsh, I. 2019. Driving down memory lane: The influence of memories in a community following organizational demise. Organization Studies. 40(9): 1307-1329.
- Oreg, S., Bartunek, J., Lee, G., & Do, B. 2018. An affect-based model of recipients’ responses to organizational change events. Academy of Management Review. 43(1): 65-86.
- Caprar, D., Do, B., Rynes, S., & Bartunek, J. 2016. It’s personal: An exploration of students’ (non) acceptance of management research. Academy of Management Learning and Education. 15(2):207-231.
- Balogun, J., Bartunek, J., & Do, B., 2015. Senior managers’ sensemaking and responses to strategic change. Organization Science. 26(4): 960-979.
- Rhee, S., Yu, S., Park, S., & Do, B.*, 2012. R&D workers' professional identity and job satisfaction: The moderating role of task specialization and met-expectation. Korean Corporation Management Review. 19(6): 1-22.
- Bartunek, J., Balogun, J., & Do, B., 2011. Considering planned change anew: Stretching large group interventions strategically, emotionally, and meaningfully. Academy of Management Annals. 5(1): 1-52.
- Bartunek, J. & Do, B., 2011. The sacralization of Christmas commerce. Organization. 18(6): 795-806.
- Balogun, J., Bartunek, J., & Do, B., 2010. Uncovering relationships and shared emotion beneath senior managers’ resistance to strategic change. Academy of Management Proceedings.
* indicates a corresponding author
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
2020 2021 Teaching Award, Yonsei School of Business
2021 Teaching Award, Yonsei University, Office of Academic Affairs
2020 Best Paper Award with Lyonel Laulié & Gabriel Briceño (Human Resource Division, Academy of Management Meeting)
2019 Best Reviewer Award, Journal of Managerial Psychology
2015 Best Reviewer Award, Organizational Behavior Division (Academy of Management Meeting)
2013 Best Korean Student Paper Award ($1,000, Samsung Economic Research Institute)
2013 Dissertation Award ($10,000, Greater Good Science Center at the University of California)
2013 Donald J. White Teaching Excellence Award (Boston College)
2010 Best Paper Award with Julia Balogun & Jean Bartunek (Organization Development and Change Division, Academy of Management Meeting)