Seoul National University (BA, MBA)
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business (PhD)
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
2015~, Associate Professor of Marketing, Yonsei University
2010-2015, Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
Branding, Consumer Behavior
Delay Discounting, Sensory Marketing
SELECTED PUBLICATION (Top journals in marketing and psychology)
6. Cheryl Wakslak & B. Kyu Kim (2015), “Controllable Objects Seem Closer,” Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 144, 522-527.
5. B. Kyu Kim & Gal Zauberman (2013), “Can Victoria’s Secret Change the Future? A Subjective Time Perception Account of Sexual Cue Effects on Impatience,” Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 142, 328-335.
4. B. Kyu Kim, Gal Zauberman, & James Bettman (2012), “Space, Time, and Intertemporal Preferences,” Journal of Consumer Research, 39, 867-880.
3. Zauberman, Gal, B. Kyu Kim, Selin Malkoc, & James Bettman (2009), “Discounting Time and Time Discounting: Subjective Time Perception and Intertemporal Preferences,” Journal of Marketing Research, 46, 543-556.
2. Zauberman, Gal, Rebecca. K. Ratner, & B. Kyu Kim (2009), “Memories as Assets: Strategic Memory Protection through Avoidance and Acquisition,” Journal of Consumer Research, 35, 715-728.
1. Choi, Jinhee, B. Kyu Kim, Incheol Choi, & Youjae Yi (2006), “Variety-Seeking in Choice for Others: Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Causes,” Journal of Consumer Research, 32, 590-595.
4. Cooper, Joseph Kable, B. Kyu Kim, and Gal Zauberman (2013), “Brain Activity in Valuation Regions while Thinking about the Future Predicts Individual Discount Rates,” Journal of Neuroscience, 33, 13150-13156.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
Winner, Journal of Marketing Research, Paul E. Green Award (2010)
Winner, Journal of Marketing Research, William F. O’Dell Award (2014)
Winner, Journal of Consumer Research, Robert Ferber Award (2013)
Finalist, Journal of Consumer Research, Best Article Award (Finalist, 2013)