The FEN Summer School is designed to enable participants to thoroughly explore the business opportunities, dynamics and challenges in Chile and Latin America. It is aimed at:
- Students from around the world who want to develop their understanding of the economic, business, cultural and environmental issues facing Chile and Latin America
- Students who have a deep-seated interest in the Southern Cone
- Students who want to experience life and culture in a dynamic Latin American capital city
FEN is the Facultad de Econom?a y Negocios of the Universidad de Chile.
- A multicultural program taught in English offered at the No. 1 Business School in Chile
- A month-long course with intense cultural immersion and education of business practices in Chile & Latin America
- A diverse student body from Asia, Australia, Europe and North America
- An exciting combination of class-based activities, business excursions & day trips
- Ongoing Spanish classes
- Enhance your CV
- Study at a leading Latin American Business School
- Experience a month abroad in the city of Santiago
- Make new friends and develop your network of contacts
- Enjoy our lively social and cultural program
- Improve your Spanish
Monday 7th July to Friday 1st August 2014
The FEN Summer School includes four intensive academic courses taught exclusively in English, as well as an integrated Spanish course for those wishing to learn or improve their language abilities.
1. Macroeconomics in Latin America
2. Intercultural Business Challenges in Latin America
3. Marketing in Latin America
4. Sustainability in the Southern Cone
5. Spanish language training
The program features daily visits to leading companies across a variety of industries, as well as government institutions. A number of industry executives and experts in their fields are also invited to give on-site talks.
Business excursions and day trips include:
- Pro Chile (the export arm of the Foreign Affairs Ministry)
- The Santiago Stock Exchange
- The port authority and global shipping companies at Valpara?so
- Start Up Chile
- Leading international wineries
- El Teniente Copper Mine
- Sodimac (large Latin American retailer)
- Chambers of Commerce & Embassies
The FEN Summer School aims to broaden your network of international contacts. Every participant will be paired up with a Chilean student and a range of social activities will be organized to enhance the program´s multicultural dynamic. This will allow every student to gain first-hand experience of Chilean culture. Activities include:
- Sports afternoons
- Cultural Games
- Nights out
The cost of the FEN Summer School is US$ 950 per person.
This includes all academic courses, transportation costs within Chile, day trips and business excursions (except the El Teniente Copper Mine visit which is optional. Price will be confirmed in June).
- Flights to and from Santiago
The FEN Summer School offers participants a range of accommodation categories, from Youth Hostels to 4-star Hotels. All accommodation is located within a 15 minute walk of FEN.
Participants will be asked to inform the Summer School of their accommodation choice during the application process.
Who should apply? The FEN Summer School is aimed at undergraduate and masters students from around the world, who are interested in learning about the dynamics and challenges of doing business in Chile and Latin America. Participants are required to be aged 18 or above.
How to apply? The following documents are required for application:
- Submit completed application form. Click here.
- CV in English, including educational and professional experience
- Scanned copy of passport (ID page only)
Send all supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When to apply? Admission starts on 1st May 2014. Interested candidates are required to submit all application materials before the deadline of 15th May 2014.