2000 Ph.D. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
1987 MBA University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
1985 B.A. Yonsei University, History
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Professor, Yonsei University School of Business, 2004-Present
Assitant Professor, Ewha Women's University, 2003-2004
Vice-President, Yonsei Graduate School of Business, 2012-2015
Vice-President, Yonsei Institute of East and West Studies, 2009-2011
Vice-President, Yonsei SERI EU Centre, 2010-2011
Chief Editor, Korean Academy of International Business, 2013-2015
Chief Editor, Institute of East and West Studies, 2009-2011
Advisor, European Chamber of Commerce in Korea, 2007-present
Global Business Strategy
Special Topics in International Business
International entry strategies of multinational corporations and franchisers
Global marketing strategies of multinational corporations Cross-border learning within the context of international joint ventures
1. Pak, Yong Suhk coauthored with Yongsun Paik, Jong Min Lee. 2017. Convergence in international business ethics? A comparative study of ethical philosophies, thinking style, and ethical decision-making between US and Korean managers. Journal of Business Ethics, 1-17.
2. Pak, Yong Suhk coauthored with Azusa Hitotsuyanagi-Hansel and Fabian Jintae Froese. 2016. Lessening the divide in foreign subsidiaries: The influence of localization on the organizational commitment and turnover intention of host country nationals. International Business Review, 25(2): 569-578.
3. Pak, Yong Suhk, Han Luo, Yi Yang. 2015. Organizational change and employee satisfaction in the post cross-border M&A integration in Korea. Korean Management Review, 44(6): 1661-1684.
4. Pak, Yong Suhk, Seongbok Kwon, Il Im. 2015. Bridging and bonding social capital in SNS (social network services) and their effects on consumer purchasing behavior. International Business Journal, 26(3): 1-27.
5. Pak, Yong Suhk coauthored with Anna Katharina Hildisch and Fabian Jintae Froese. 2015. Employee responses to a cross-border acquisition in South Korea: The role of social support from different hierarchical levels. Asian Business & Management, 14(4): 327-347.
6. Pak, Yong Suhk, Wonchan Ra, & Jong Min Lee. 2015. An integrated multi-stage model of knowledge management in international joint venture: Identifying a trigger for knowledge exploration and knowledge harvest. Journal of World Business, 50(1): 180-191.
7. Pak, Yong Suhk & Young-Ryeol Park. 2014. Analysis of creative economic effects on resorts complex. Global Economic Review, 26(1): 117-148.
8. Pak, Yong Suhk, Kyoungmi Lee, & Jiwon Lee. 2012. The type of social capital formed on social networking services (SNS) and their effect on customer preference for a product type. Korean Management Review, 41(6): 1619-1641.
9. Pak, Yong Suhk, Wonchan Ra, & Jiwon Lee. 2012. An empirical study of strategy for global product standardization: The case of smart phone personalization through application use. Korean Management Review, 41(3): 511-537.
10. Pak, Yong Suhk, Young-Ryeol Park, & Young Soo Yang. 2012. Drivers of Korean export behavior: The influence of the Korean governance structure and outside directors. International Business Journal, 23(1): 75-100.
11. Pak, Yong Suhk and Yun Jin Chung. 2010. The knowledge management of Korean firms in international joint ventures: An analysis of knowledge transfer and knowledge acquisition determinants. International Business Journal, 21(1): 59-90.
12. Pak, Yong Suhk, Dae Ryun Chang, and Young-Ryeol Park. 2009. Understanding cross-border learning with a social capital perspective. International Business Journal, 20(4): 31-52.
13. Pak, Yong Suhk, Wonchan Ra, and Young-Ryeol Park. 2009. Understanding IJV performance in a learning and conflict mediated context. International Business Review, 18(5): 470-480.
14. Pak, Yong Suhk & Yao Zou. 2009. Influence of post-merger integration strategies on employee satisfaction. International Business Journal, 20(2): 65-88.
15. Pak, Yong Suhk, coauthored with Fabian J. Froese and Li Choy Chong. 2008. Managing the human side of cross-border acquisitions in South Korea. Journal of World Business, 43(1): 97-108
16. Pak, Yong Suhk, coauthored with John H. Dunning and Sam Beldona. 2007. Foreign ownership strategies of U.K. and U.S. international franchisors: An exploratory application of Dunning's envelope paradigm. International Business Review, 16(5): 531-658.
17. Pak, Yong Suhk, coauthored with Park, Young-Ryeol, and Jeoung Yul Lee. 2006. What they learned from the crash: A comparison of Korean firms’ FDI before and after the 1997 financial crisis. Management International Review, 46(1): 109-130.
18. Pak, Yong Suhk, Young-Ryeol Park, and Jung Min Sohn. 2006. Determinants of IJV Performance: From the Learning Perspective, International Business Journal, 17(2): 39-64.
19. Pak, Yong Suhk. 2005. The Influence of Homogeneity between Partners of IJVs on Cross-border Learning. Korean Management Review, 34(3): 917-939.
20. Pak, Yong Suhk and Young-Ryeol Park. 2005. Characteristics of Japanese FDI in the East and West: Understanding the strategic motives of Japanese investment. Journal of World Business, 40(3): 254-266.
21. Pak,Yong Suhk, coauthored with Young-Ryeol, and Hyo Jin Hong. 2005. The Effect of FDI on R&D of Korean Pharmaceutical Industry. International Business Journal, 16(3): 65-83.
22. Pak, Yong Suhk Pak and Young-Reeol Park. 2004. A Framework of Knowledge Transfer in Cross-Border Joint Ventures: An Empirical Test of the Korean Context. Management International Review, 44(4): 417-434.
23. Pak, Yong Suhk and Young-Ryeol Park. 2004. Global ownership strategy of Japanese Multinational Enterprises: A test of internalization Theory. Management International Review, 44(1): 3-21.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
MBA Faculty Coordinator, 2008-present
Outstanding Teaching Award, Yonsei University, 2006