2000 Ph.D. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
1987 MBA University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
1985 B.A. Yonsei University, History
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Professor, Yonsei University School of Business, 2004-Present
Assitant Professor, Ewha Women's University, 2003-2004
Vice-President, Yonsei Graduate School of Business, 2012-2015
Vice-President, Yonsei Institute of East and West Studies, 2009-2011
Vice-President, Yonsei SERI EU Centre, 2010-2011
Chief Editor, Korean Academy of International Business, 2013-2015
Chief Editor, Institute of East and West Studies, 2009-2011
Advisor, European Chamber of Commerce in Korea, 2007-present
Global Business Strategy
Special Topics in International Business
International entry strategies of multinational corporations and franchisers
Global marketing strategies of multinational corporations Cross-border learning within the context of international joint ventures
1. Pak, Yong Suhk and Yun Jin Chung. 2010. The knowledge management of Korean firms in international joint ventures: An analysis of knowledge transfer and knowledge acquisition determinants. International Business Journal, 21(1): 59-90.
2. Pak, Yong Suhk, Dae Ryun Chang, and Young-Ryeol Park. 2009. Understanding cross-border learning with a social capital perspective. International Business Journal, 20(4): 31-52.
3. Pak, Yong Suhk, Wonchan Ra, and Young-Ryeol Park. 2009. Understanding IJV performance in a learning and conflict mediated context. International Business Review, 18(5): 470-480.
4. Pak, Yong Suhk & Yao Zou. 2009. Influence of post-merger integration strategies on employee satisfaction. International Business Journal, 20(2): 65-88.
5. Pak, Yong Suhk, coauthored with Fabian J. Froese and Li Choy Chong. 2008. Managing the human side of cross-border acquisitions in South Korea. Journal of World Business, 43(1): 97-108
6. Pak, Yong Suhk, coauthored with John H. Dunning and Sam Beldona. 2007. Foreign ownership strategies of U.K. and U.S. international franchisors: An exploratory application of Dunning's envelope paradigm. International Business Review, 16(5): 531-658.
7. Pak, Yong Suhk, coauthored with Park, Young-Ryeol, and Jeoung Yul Lee. 2006. What they learned from the crash: A comparison of Korean firms’ FDI before and after the 1997 financial crisis. Management International Review, 46(1): 109-130.
8. Pak, Yong Suhk, Young-Ryeol Park, and Jung Min Sohn. 2006. Determinants of IJV Performance: From the Learning Perspective, International Business Journal, 17(2): 39-64.
9. Pak, Yong Suhk. 2005. The Influence of Homogeneity between Partners of IJVs on Cross-border Learning. Korean Management Review, 34(3): 917-939.
10. Pak, Yong Suhk and Young-Ryeol Park. 2005. Characteristics of Japanese FDI in the East and West: Understanding the strategic motives of Japanese investment. Journal of World Business, 40(3): 254-266.
11. Pak,Yong Suhk, coauthored with Young-Ryeol, and Hyo Jin Hong. 2005. The Effect of FDI on R&D of Korean Pharmaceutical Industry. International Business Journal, 16(3): 65-83.
12. Pak, Yong Suhk Pak and Young-Reeol Park. 2004. A Framework of Knowledge Transfer in Cross-Border Joint Ventures: An Empirical Test of the Korean Context. Management International Review, 44(4): 417-434.
13. Pak, Yong Suhk and Young-Ryeol Park. 2004. Global ownership strategy of Japanese Multinational Enterprises: A test of internalization Theory. Management International Review, 44(1): 3-21.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
MBA Faculty Coordinator, 2008-present
Outstanding Teaching Award, Yonsei University, 2006